The acronym “MOOC” has been in vogue recently, with lots of discussion about organizations like Udacity, Coursera and EdX. The acronym stands for “Massive Open Online Course, which is a free Web-based distance learning program that is designed for the participation of large numbers of geographically dispersed students. A MOOC may be patterned on a college or university course or may be less structured. There are many providers globally who offer a wide variety of topics.
SWAYAM or Study Webs of Active –Learning for Young Aspiring Minds programme of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, professors of centrally funded institutions like IITs, IIMs, and central universities offer online courses to citizens of India. It runs on a platform built by Microsoft for the AICTE.
The team at Immertive has had the experience of having developed over 10,000 lessons as CBTs, WBTs, e-Learning and MOOCs over more than 20 years including executing projects under the National Mission for Education using Information & Communication Technology. We provide you our expertise in every task that you need to get your MOOC up and running. Our services in producing your MOOCs cover:
- Audience Analysis: The entire design of the course, from content to language, teaching strategies to assessment, should be designed according to the needs and prior knowledge of your primary audience. We help you analyzing your target audience, their needs, assessing the level they are currently at and gathering their expectations from the course to set course objectives.
- Course Design: Translating course objectives into subject/chapter/topic wise lesson plans and each lesson into micro-lessons and learning objects.
- Our Design Approach: covers Information design, Interactivity design, Navigation design, Interface design, Identity design and Graphic design including typographic design. We design effective base templates based on which the course would flow.
- Faculty & Training: We can work with your faculty to train them on the basics of Instructional Design, Principles of e-Learning and facilitate in their being most effective. Alternatively, or deep dive into our large database of teachers across all subjects in healthcare – teachers who are passionate about teaching, those that carry years of academic experience and those who have great communication skills to present the topic with clarity.
- Prototyping: We create quick prototypes that can be tested on sample audiences so that their feedback gets incorporated into early revisions, avoiding large re-work at later stage.
- Media Team: We team your faculty with our instructional designers, visualizers, graphics designers, animators and video crew during pre-production, production and post-production. The team would help you build your media blocks – text, video lectures, video demonstrations, infographics, PowerPoint slides, audio recordings, animations etc.
- Video Studios: We have state-of-the-art educational media production studios that are fully sound-proof and professionally equipped with HD and 4K Cameras, green screen Chroma, cool lighting, tele-prompting and professional audio recording. We can also create temporary studios on-location at your campus to capture lectures by your faculty.
- Post-Production Lab: Our post-production labs help you put together the media blocks and edit them into comprehensive lessons, starting with the lesson objectives and ending with summaries and questions.
- Gamification: We can help incorporate elements of game play such as rules of play, timers & reverse counters, point scoring, rewards, competition, etc. and integrate game mechanics into lessons to motivate student participation, engagement, outcomes and course loyalty.
- Assessment: Most MOOCs focus on forming networks and discussing content rather than formal assessment through tests or written work. If assessments are used, the scale of MOOCs makes many assessment techniques impractical. We build automated grading – using multiple choice exams, interactive quizzes and simulation based questions.
- Automated Certification: We can track student participation through programmed response activities for grading on effort, and contribution and generate online certification.
- Quality Assurance: Our QA team ensures quality throughout the content development process – both for academic review through outsourced experts and adherence to technical standards.
In short, we can help you build your own Virtual University! Contact us for MOOCs Development Services.